Wednesday, January 18, 2006

FIRE MIKE VANDERJAGT

Peyton Manning pointed out problems with pass protection during the press conference following the tragic loss to Pittsburgh that sent me and half the city into a drunken depression.

And the whole sports world got huffy about it.

But anyone who watched the game would agree that there were problems with pass protection. So if Peyton were making any type of excuse, he was doing so by pointing out an obvious fact.

Meanwhile, Idiot Kicker Mike Vanderjagt--who kicked a last-minute game-tying field goal so wide that it appeared he was trying to kick it into the actual city of Pittsburgh, had this to say about the Colts' loss:

"I guess the Lord forgot about the football team."

No, you jackass. You forgot that the football is supposed to go between those big posts, not beside them.

Please fire him already.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Yes, pass protection was bad. I don't know if Peyton should have said that, though. Could cause issues between him and his OL to bring that out to the public.

Besides, his play calling was kinda crappy too, so he needs to accept responsibility for that.

I love that everybody is on the "kill the kicker" bandwagon. It truly is on the offense that the Colts lost. I'm sure everybody would have a different opinion of the kicker if he had kept his mouth shut over the years.

The offseason should be interesting.

8:34 AM  
Blogger torporindy said...

I love the Colts, but I am kind of relieved he missed the Field Goal. I would not have wanted to win the way we did with that terrible call by the referee.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Jezebella said...

Well, if anything, you could say that the terrible call was the "Lord's work." If I believed in God micromanaging sporting events (which I don't) I would say that God would be saying to the Idiot Kicker, "Am I expected to do EVERYTHING?? I already gave you a miraculously bad call in your favor!!"

12:26 PM  
Blogger torporindy said...

He was on Letterman tonight. He just made a 46 yard field goal on 53rd street.

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Web Counter