Thursday, August 18, 2005

It's As Though I'm Psychic

I knew that people would be opposed to the $2.2 billion in additional funding. I did not expect a commentary like this one, in which the writer says "I am indeed a supporter of Israel" and "the two billion we already give Israel each year is enough" in the same post. I understand why supporters of Israel would disagree with the Gaza pullout if they believed that compromise was not the answer. But I cannot understand one who says that even though the pullout has already happened, he supports Israel so much that he cannot spare $7.69 in aid to help Israelis get new homes. That is some tough love if you ask me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do explain the 'why' in the post.
I admit, I may not explain it very well.

The gist...
It is wrong of us to fund something that is harmful to the security of that nation and the the region as a whole.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Jezebella said...

Fair enough...but do you then agree that it is harmful to fund the war in Iraq?

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Web Counter